Know your online market to define an effective communication strategy!
The market analysis enables us to understand how the online target market appears: online many variables and various factors come into play and they are present only on the web and not in traditional markets.
The analysis activity provides valuable information to undestand if and how much to invest in a particular communication activity, by estimating the possible risks and benefits.
Before taking any online action is essential to know well the target market, that is, in which competitive environment we can place our offer. To do this, you need to know the answers to these questions:
- How many people are looking for my product/service on the Internet?
- What are the national and international markets with the highest online presence in the reference sector?
- How is my product/service searched on the Internet?
- Who are my competitors on the Internet?
- What keywords should I use to position myself on search engines?
The strategic marketing process
The online market analysis is combined with the strategic marketing process of a company and it develops in 3 directions:
- A niche study which consists of choosing a very limited topic from among all those which have been identified during the marketing process.
- Study of the web trend, that is, identifying the typical behaviour of the users to whom the company wants to address. In practical terms, a trend becomes concrete when the users make general or specific information request through search engines.
- Then there is the selection of the keywords, that is a combination of words that synthetically describe what the trend has observed.
Do you want to find out how your competitors move on the web?
In short, the analysis will allow to understand the most profitable online markets and to quantify the potential of the online market for the product/service. A ranking of the most significant keywords will also be defined, obviously starting from the most popular ones.
The analysis will be able to define the online market share that the company holds at a certain point, on the basis of the users research that point to the products/services. In this way, we can estimate the growth objectives that are the basis of any web strategy that you will decide to choose.